Are you looking for the perfect place to live in Lille? This charming city in Northern France is a popular destination for international students. Whether you are coming to Lille on an Erasmus exchange or for another study program, finding housing can be a challenge. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to find the perfect place to live in Lille.
Lille is a city with a long and rich history. It was founded in the 12th century as a trading post by Count Baldwin IV of Flanders. The city soon became an important center of the textile industry. In the 16th century, Lille was conquered by the French and became part of the Kingdom of France. Today, Lille is a vibrant city with a population of over 1 million people. It is the capital of the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region and is located just a few kilometers from the border with Belgium.
Since Lille is such a popular destination for international students, there is a large demand for housing. This can make finding housing in Lille a challenge.
1. Start your search early: The sooner you start looking for housing, the better. It can take some time to find housing in Lille, so it’s important to start your search as early as possible.
2. Use all resources at your disposal: Ask your university or program coordinator for help . They may have housing lists or know of apartments that are rented out to students. You can also search online, on websites like Erasmus Place or Facebook groups like Erasmus Lille.
3. Be flexible: Be open to different types of housing and locations. You may have to compromise on your ideal apartment or location in order to find housing.
4. Be prepared to sign a lease: In France, it is common to sign a lease (contrat de bail) for an apartment. This is a legal contract between you and the landlord that outlines the terms of your rental agreement. Make sure you understand the terms of the lease before you sign it.
5. Budget for utilities: Utilities, such as electricity, gas, and water, are not usually included in the rent price. Be sure to budget for these expenses when looking for housing in Lille.
6. Be prepared to compromise: With such high demand for housing, you may not be able to find everything you’re looking for. Be prepared to compromise on things like location, price, and amenities.
7. Have a backup plan: It’s always a good idea to have a backup plan in case your first choice doesn’t work out. This could mean looking for housing outside of Lille or finding a roommate.
Erasmus students want to live in the city center but it’s really expensive. Most of the foreing students live outside of Lille because it’s cheaper. If you are looking for a room in Lille, we can help you! We know all the best places to look and can help you find the perfect place to live. Contact us today to learn more about our services! We are an association, it’s free and we are here to help you! 🙂 foreing students in Lille have a hard time to find a room. Erasmus students want to live in the city center but it’s really expensive.
There is diferent districts in lille , foreing students usually live in :
– saint maurice pellevoisin
International life in Lille is amazing !!! A lot of foreing students choose Lille to spend a year ! If you want to have the best experience ever come to lille and follow our advices 🙂 Many parties and trips are organized for foreing students in order to help them to feel like at home 🙂
You will meet a lot of people from all around the world and make unforgettable memories !
Lille have many culture and you can find a lot of foreing food. You will not be able to get bored in Lille because there are many things to do ! Museums and architecture are really beautiful and you will have the occasion to visit many places !
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information 🙂 We are here to help you and make your stay in Lille the best experience ever !
We hope these tips will help you find the perfect place to live in Lille! If you have any questions about studying in Lille, feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!